One of the most popular dental restoration treatments nowadays is Dental Implants. The benefits it provides over other orthodontic options are undeniably advantageous. That is why more and more people prefer to undergo the treatment than opting for the conventional approach. According to the American Academy for Implant Dentistry, in the U.S there are around 3 million people who have implants, and it continually grows by 500,000 each year.
Even during the ancient times, there were attempts at replacing missing teeth; the materials used were shells, stones, bones, copper, iron, bamboo, animal or human teeth, and more. Some were believed to have been inserted post-mortem due to the excruciating way when placed, while there were signs of regeneration to others. It may have been performed for aesthetic reasons than functionality since having beautiful teeth for them was a sign of vitality, power, and wealth.
At Polished Dental, we help our patients achieve and maintain a good overall dental health condition in any way possible. We offer only the best treatments available to any dental concerns including missing teeth. Dental Implants made of biocompatible titanium are used by our dentists to provide a more stable, durable, and permanent restoration for a natural-looking smile.
A Dental Implant procedure is performed by surgically placing an implant post on the site of the missing teeth in serving as the replacement root. The root would then support dental prostheses such as dental crowns, bridges, and dentures depending on the needs of the patient. Dental implants provide a more stable, durable, and permanent placement due to its ability to promote a natural fusion between the bone and post securing its foundation referred to as Osseointegration.
Tips on the Proper Care of Dental Implants
Dental implants may be artificial teeth replacement, but it still requires proper care like the natural teeth for its longevity and proper function.
- Maintain the practice of proper dental hygiene by brushing the teeth twice, flossing once, and rinsing at least once every day. Ask for the recommendation of the dentist for the best toothbrush and toothpaste to use that can effectively remove harmful deposits without causing damage to the implants.
- Do not use the implant restored teeth and the healthy teeth as a tool to open bottles to avoid any damage.
- Avoid eating foods that are very hot since it can penetrate through the gum tissue to the implant post which can cause harm and discomfort.
- Stop any bad habits like excessive alcohol drinking, smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco that are harmful to the remaining teeth and the oral structures that support the dental implant.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleaning is recommended every six months for the maintenance of the teeth, oral structures, and dental implants. Any harmful deposits that are starting to accumulate can be cleaned to prevent any complications.
Smile to your heart’s content by restoring the function and appearance of your teeth that was once lost with Dental Implants for overall wellness and health.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Beverly Hills, CA, or to schedule your appointment with Polished Dental.