Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry which focuses on achieving excellent dental health and restore function and aesthetic properties of the mouth. It involves diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental problems. At Polished Dental, we offer different restorative dentistry options to help patients regain their functional and aesthetically pleasing smile.
Restorative Dentistry Options in Polished Dental
- A dental bridge treatment does not require surgery like dental implants. Bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. It is consist of a pontic (replacement tooth) and crowns. The crowns are placed on the teeth that are adjacent to the area with missing tooth to support the pontic.
Dental Bridge Uses
- Restores function of the teeth
- Prevents facial sagging
- Eliminates the need for unwanted removable dentures
- Prevents remaining teeth from shifting from their position
- Enhances aesthetic appearance
- The primary focus of dental crowns is to restore teeth that are severely decayed and damaged. Dental crowns are custom made to restore the tooth to its natural size and shape. The materials in making this type of restoration can be gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal.
Dental Crowns Uses
- Protect a tooth that has undergone a root canal treatment
- Anchor and attach the dental bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Strengthen weak tooth
- Support a tooth with large fillings
- Fillings are used to repair the teeth with minor to moderate damage. There are two types of materials used: amalgam and composite. Amalgam fillings (alloy) are used on posterior or teeth at the back of the mouth. On the other hand, composite fillings can be used in both front and the back since they are tooth-colored restorations.
Dental Fillings Uses
- Prevent further damage to the teeth
- Cover exposed nerves
- Restore function and appearance of the teeth
- Dental implants are a type of restorative material which acts as a permanent replacement for missing teeth. They are titanium posts that are surgically place to the jaw bone beneath the gum line.
Dental Implants Uses
- Prevent bone and gum loss
- Retain facial structure
- Eliminate the need for removable dentures
- Restore function and appearance of the missing teeth
Restorative dentistry contributes not only to the dental health but also on patients’ mental and emotional wellbeing through boosting their confidence.
Aiming to restore your damaged or missing teeth? Schedule an appointment with us at Polished Dental for Restorative Dentistry Options in Beverly Hills. We are located at 9675 Brighton Way, Suite 210, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.