As part of our commitment to your oral health, Polished Dental offers holistic dentistry in Beverly Hills, California. Holistic dentistry, also known as alternative dentistry, is part of the alternative health movement which considering a patient’s dental health in the context of their entire physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. This type of dentistry focuses more on the promotion of health and wellness than on the treatment of disease.
Holistic dentistry evolved out of a desire to ensure that dental care was beneficial not just to your oral health but also to your overall health. Holistic dentists work hard to ensure that all treatments are safe, and that they positively impact your overall wellbeing. Some holistic treatments include:
- The use of digital X-rays, which produce up to 90% less radiation.
- Mercury-removal treatments. Our dentist provides a safe removal of amalgam fillings by using an oxygen mask and rubber dam, and by carefully removing the fillings in one piece.
- Mercury-free dentistry.
- BPA-free dentistry. Bisphenol A can, over long periods of time, lead to localized destruction of hard dental tissues. The dental composites and sealants used at our office do not contain BPA.
- Fluoride-free dentistry (upon request).
- DIAGNOdent: laser technology that aids in the detection of decay.
- Ozone dentistry: treatment used to prevent decay and restore infected areas.
- Chemical-free sterilization of dental instruments.
- The use of biocompatible dental materials.
- Clifford Testing: a compatibility test to ensure that dental materials are matched to your body. This involves a blood test.
- Urine test for an analysis of mercury and other heavy metals.
- Natural supplements, including chlorella to eliminate heavy metals, and probiotics to help you maintain a balanced level of good bacteria in your stomach.
- Referrals to health care providers for detoxification, nutrition, stress relief, and more.
For more information on holistic dental care, and to make your appointment with Dr. Nina Nattiv, please contact us today at 310-278-8005.