Orthodontic treatment planning has never been easier than with cephalometric X-rays in Beverly Hills, California. This unique tool enables our team to take accurately detailed radiographic images of the side of the face. Polished Dental then uses these images to make dental care and planning as convenient and painless as possible. These X-rays do not require plates or film to be placed inside the mouth, and we are able to view the nasal and sinus passages, which is a feature not available with intraoral bitewing X-rays.
Cephalometric X-rays are taken with panoramic X-rays, which results in less radiation exposure. With this specific type of X-ray, our dentist can:
- Obtain images of the side profile of the face
- Obtain images of the jaw in relation to the cheekbone
- Identify any “bad bites” or malocclusions
- Provide accurate measurements of the teeth
- Identify fractures and injuries to teeth or jawbone
- Create orthodontic treatment plans
As a preventive strategy to better your overall health and happiness, Dr. Nina Nattiv is happy to provide advanced imaging. These X-rays are completely pain-free and can magnify signs of decay, disease, or injury by about 30%. If you have any questions or concerns about this technology, please call our dentist at 310-278-8005.